Which Escaping Outdoors FL water pump models do the instructions suit
- FL-2202 – (Does not include filter or fittings)
- FL-3203 – (Does not include filter, includes 2 elbow fittings, suitable for farm chemicals)
- FL-30, FL-35, FL-40, FL-44, FL-60, plus the farm chemical range FL40C and FL60C.( Includes screen filter and 3 x 12mm fittings )
What do I need to know about my Escaping Outdoors water pump
(Read Instructions Carefully Before Installing)
Your new 12v or 24v water pump is a diaphragm pressure pump ideally suited to a coffee cart, caravan, boat and camping applications. Your pump will happily supply water for your sink, hand basin, toilet or shower. It can pump either fresh or salt water. Your diaphragm water pump uses an inbuilt pressure switch and will turn itself on when it detects a drop in water pressure. This means that if the water supply empties or there is an air leak in the suction line the pump cannot turn itself off. If the pump is left unattended it should be turned off at the power source.
Has my Escaping Outdoors 12v water pump been factory tested
Each Escaping Outdoors 12v and 24v water pump has been factory tested. During factory testing, water is run through the pump. You may find some water is still in the pump from the testing and this will come out when you remove the plugs.
Does my Escaping Outdoors 12v water pump come with accessories
Most of the Escaping Outdoors FL water pump range come with a screen filter and 3x 12mm fittings and instructions. This allows you to choose the most suitable fitting for your set up. If a pump strainer is included with your pump it must be used otherwise manufacturing warranty will be void.
Where do I mount my Escaping Outdoors 12v water pump
Escaping Outdoors FL water pump range are self priming. Depending on your 12v water pump model, the suction lift will be up to 2 metres and the head will be up to 5 metres. The pump won’t be damaged if run dry for short periods. For best performance mount the pump as close as practical to the tank. It can be mounted either horizontally or vertically (with a retaining strap), but keep the motor above the pump head to reduce the chance of water damage to the electrics. Never restrict the inlet or the pump will cavitate.
There is no need to install a valve between the tank and the pump. Make sure you use an appropriate suction hose between the tank and pump, and that there are no air leaks at the join. Ensure the suction hose is free from sharp bends or kinks. Warming the hose first with hot water makes it easier to push over the fitting. An accumulator tank should always be used with this diaphragm pump range.
How do I set up the electrical side of my 12v water pump
The input voltage range for 12v diaphragm pumps is 10-14v. All pumps must be fuse protected. Recommended fuse is 15 amps. Your 12v water pump should be operated on its own circuit. If the water pump is installed in an area where inflammable vapors may exist, you must protect any electrical connections with mechanical protection to prevent sparking. Poor or inadequate protection can lead to sparking and the resultant explosion can cause injury or death. The pump will run differently depending on atmospheric conditions and load. A qualified electrician must perform all electrical work.
- Keep in mind which pump model you are installing (refer to package label). If mounting outside, protect pump from weather. For rough roads you may need to make the pump extra secure since the feet may not hold.
- Hold the pump in position and mark where the holes need to be drilled to mount the pump. Make sure there is enough room to install the filter, fittings and hoses (as applicable)
- Drill the holes, but don’t mount the pump yet. This gives you more flexibility to install the water lines.
- Remove the plugs from both the inlet and outlet sides of the pump (Not applicable to FL-2202 and FL-3203).
- The arrow on the outlet side of the pump indicates water flow direction. If the pump does not have an arrow, turn it so both the inlet and outlet are closest to you. The inlet will be on the left, outlet on the right. (the FL2202 has the inlet on the right)
- Install the filter by pressing it firmly into the inlet housing (wetting first helps). Twist gently as you push the filter in. Engage the locking collar (Not applicable to the FL3203 or the FL-2202).
- Install your chosen fitting on the outlet side (wetting first), and engage the collar to lock the fitting in place.
- Install the ½” suction rated hose (3/8” on FL-2202 and FL-3203) onto the inlet. Stainless steel clamps are essential to marine environments, and recommended elsewhere.
- Install ½”outlet line (3/8” on FL-2202 and FL-3203), again using stainless clamps as applicable.
- Bolt the pump in place ensuring you are not stressing either of the water lines. Please note that stainless steel bolts are essential for marine environments, and recommended elsewhere.
- Install a 15 amp rated switch near the pump.
- Run the active line using electrical cable from power source to switch. Run cable from switch to positive wire (red) on the pump. Make sure it is fuse protected. Run negative (black) to an earth source (if none, run back to the power source).
- Fill the tank with water to a level that ensures complete coverage of the tank outlet.
- Check for leaks. Check all hose clamps for tightness.
- Test run pump. Listen for the pump being noisy, water flow not being smooth or the pump jumping around. This is a sign that the pressure switch is going on and off as the pump runs and it means you need to adjust the system until this no longer occurs. Do NOT continue running the pump.
We welcome your enquiry
Check out our full range of wter pump products at Escaping Outdoors online